Aliartos is a town and seat of the homonymous municipality in the Regional Unit of Viotia, in the region of Central Greece. It has a population of 4,402 inhabitants, is located in the center of the regional unit and at a distance of 23 km south of Livadia, while at the municipal level it occupies 256,507 acres, after the implementation of the Kallikratis Program and the merger with the former Municipality of Thespies.
In Aliartos were the offices and facilities of the English Company that drained the lake of Kopaida. The offices, as well as the staff residences are located in a large flower park, known as "gardens". From 1953 the Kopaidi land was acquired by the Greek State and fell into the hands of the farmers.
Image dimensions: 5464 x 3070 pixels